LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dayamay Chakraborty   08 May 2020

constitutional amendments

Can a case be filed in the Supreme Court against the Constitutional Amendment?


 2 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     08 May 2020

Dear Sir,

Yes it can be filed as Writ Petition or PIL but you must select a very intelligent advocate otherwise it may be dismissed by imposed penalty/cost on the petitioner. 

Nandini Warrier   11 January 2021

Good morning,

Yes, if the amendment is affecting the basic structure doctrine, and if you can prove it, then you can challenge the amendment. 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register