Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viji (dva)     11 December 2012

Conflict in property settlement due to love marriage

dear sir, 

Im the younger son of  my family which has a father ,mother and elder brother  i have completed my MBA in a reputed insitute 5 years back after that i got a good job  and salary so my family wanted to reconstruct my house earlier it was non terrace pukka type house then we built terrace using my fathers savings and my earnings after that we applied for home loan in 2010 to construct a 2 bedroom house in the first floor in ground floor we have 5 row houses which we planned to rent we got the loan as required since i was not married then i started paying the loan single handedly it wil take 85% of my income solidly but i was not worried as i thought it will be our house ,in 2010 i fell in love with a girl working along with me i told my parents about my wish to marry her they didnt agree as she was not educated equal to me ,had no money ,father was not alive ,only daughter for her mother ,other caste ,etcc., because of all the above they didnt want to marry me with her but she was suffering from her maternal uncles torture to give the 2 houses which is in her name they moved to the extreme of beating her everyday because of that i married her against y parents wish.

after marriage also i was paying the home loan sending my wife  to work since my parents didnt allow us to live in my house my wife's house was not comfortable for me to stay and  its too long from my work place we rented a house outside we lived for 1 year then my wife got pregnant since she was week doctor told not to go to work so i had to manage single handedly after my child's birth my father got convinced and called me back to our house we started to live together  but recently my mother started disliking my wife same way she was not adjusting with my mother which led to fight between them often so i made my wife to stay in a house downstairs so she might keep quiet also told my father about the same but hw got wild on that he asked me and my wife to get out of the house since we married on our wish dont have experince to live in jointly family also i had no steady mind , i told i cant afford to take rented house outside but he replied that i dont have to home loan form now still we have to pay for another 20 months which he will pay himself.

I had no words i broke to tears all my hard earned money for 3 years has gone useless i have no savings since i changed job 2 times my salary was not high enough to handle if i earn 17k i had to pay 14 to home loan begining of this  year when i left the job i was jobless for 3 months so i took  a personal loan to pay this home loan for which i have to pay 2k my father is saying only he will decide on sharing this property and i had no business on that as i asked why can't my brother help in paying the loan since he has almost completed his pg degree and doing project work now but he told i had no business to talk about him.

I can get out of the house but i knew my father can't pay the loan single handedly since he has only  less than one year for retirement my brother may got work only after 6 months more than  that i have 6 months baby no savings my father also said they educated me with  a good degree so i had to pay the loan and go ,if they wish they will give some share of property to my daugther im clueless now 

should i leave my house ? legally will i get my share in the house ? inspiting having a own house i had to pay rent and other things now i need a better advice 

thanks for reading this long story 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register