Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand das (service)     01 May 2010

compulsory holidays in pvt compny

Hi,

How to determine compulsory holidays in a Private limited company?

Which Act, notification may be referred to study this?

thanking you,

Learning

4 Replies

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     01 May 2010

Your question is not clear you are looking for leave or you want someone to proceed on leave

anand das (service)     03 May 2010

Thank you for reply Tapan.

I ll try to put it in other words.

1. How many days a year, an employee of a private limited company is entitled for holidays?

For example, Many private limited companies force employees to work through out year except for a weekely holiday.  In such cases, an employee must know about which holidays he is entitled as per law?

Thanking you.

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     03 May 2010

Dear Anand

Every company which has more than 10 persons working or in some cases 20 persons working on any given day of the year has to take the registration either under shops and establishment act or factory act, both the act prescribe the earned leaves of minimum of 18 days in a year to be availed in subsequent year in which it is earned. If the employees joins in between the year leaves will be calculated on pro rata basis. Also these acts provide for the carry forward of the leaves in the subsequent years and accummulation of 48 days leave for each and every employee. Leave applied (by employee) and denied by the mangement can be accummulated in addition to limit of 48 days leave balance.

If any organization is not following such rules written complaint can be made with Labour commissioner's office.

anand das (service)     04 May 2010

Thank you Mr Tapan. I has given me right direction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register