Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Upendra (A)     20 January 2024

Complaint related to interior decorator

Dear Experts,   

I want to have your expert advice on my present problem. The details are as follows: - I am owning a flat at Hiranandani Fortune City nearby Panvel. In the month of Aug-2023 I got an offer for tenant with a monthly rental of 14000 Rs. per month and advance of 56000 Rs. but the tenant wanted me to do modular kitchen, install fan & lights and curtain rods. For this I hired an interior decorator Mr. Harish Jangid from M/s Jangid Interior Design (reference I got from an employee of Hiranandani who told me that this person is doing some flats here so you can also contact). I told all the work I required in my flat to Mr. Harish Jangid and we made a deal. He shared some pictures and videos of the work he has done in the same society where my flat was and convinced me that all the work will be done properly within the timeline. I clearly told Mr. Harish that I have taken advance (I have the transaction details) amount from the tenant and with 15-20 days you should complete the work so that the tenant can shift to the flat. Mr. Harish agreed to all the terms and condition and sent me a formal quotation (I have the soft copy of same in which he has stated that the work will be completed within 15-20 days). As per his company policy he asked for a advance of 50000 Rs. which I paid him through UPI (transaction details I have). I was constantly in touch with him for the update on work and every time we discussed he assured me that the work in on track, after some days he asked for another demand of 70000 which I denied but he convinced me to transfer so that work is not hampered and completed timely. As I was under pressure of completing the work timely as my tenant had given advance, I paid another 70000 Rs to Mr. Harish Jangid. After the timeline date was gone I got worried and Mr. Harish Jangid started giving excuses that due to monsoon the work got damaged and it will take another 1 week for completion. Every time I was talking to him Mr. Harish started to ignore my calls and was giving me excuses and another dates. After 1 month of time also he was not able to complete the work and because of this I lost my tenant and had to pay back the advance amount of 56000 Rs. back to the Tenant. I faced a complete loss of 14000 Rs. Per month and Mr. Harish Jangid took advance of total 120000 from me. Now it is Jan-24 but still Mr. Harish Jangid has not replayed my advance amount. He is not picking up my calls regularly and I have to keep on calling multiple times. Every time he will start giving excuses and always provided new dates. He also has provided me a post-dated cheque from ICICI bank on my name (cheque details I have). Before depositing the cheque also, I called him and he told me to deposit the cheque on 15th-Jan-24 and accordingly I did it but the cheque got bounced (Bounced cheque memo letter from bank available). After this I had argument over phone and Mr. Harish says what if I don’t give back you the money what can you do? It is my curtsy that I am promising you to give back your money etc. etc. The worst part of all this is that I have never met Mr. Harish Jangid personally and whenever I tried to call him face to face he gave excuses but never came in front. I would like to take the advice as I want to fill a consumer court complaint against him, what should I do to get my money back? How can I recover the voice call records between both of us so that he is proved guilty.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 January 2024

This question is repeated, you can find answer in the previous thread where you have posted the same question

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 January 2024

I concur the opinion and advise of learned senior expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan.

Even otherwise, it is too long a story for going through, consideration and obligation on this platform.

Upendra (A)     21 January 2024

Sir, I have written the complete story so that I can get the best advice from experts like your good self.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 January 2024

You should ensure that you are confined to your problems alone and not to narrate the long story, which will actually divert the question from the main subject. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 January 2024

You can file a case in a consumer court or you can file case under Section NI-138 for bounced cheque. Hire a good lawyer. Be brief and precise but give all the truth.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register