LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RATAN SARKAR   03 March 2021

Complaint against unregistered flat owerns association

Dear Friends,

I am living in a building at South Dumdum, Kolkata 700074, West Bengal consisting of 19 flats. Here a son of flat owner formed a committee which is not registered and he became the cashier. I am one of the member of the committee. That person along with others Secretary , President doing all kind of mess. Arranging repairing works without intimating other flat owners, expending huge amount of fund collecting from the flat owners without taking multiple quotations and judging them at all, collecting maintenance charges, not willing to register the association, not opening the bank account, keeping the fund in their own ( may be in their own bank account), when I opposed for all, they all together started quarreling with me proving me wrong.

Could you please suggest what to do?


 6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     03 March 2021

Just file suit for injuction and stay the operation of such comette and seek directions from court for arrangements to organise a comette under socity rules.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 March 2021

You can report to registrar of societies for take action to register the society and impose penalty

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     07 March 2021

Can it be done? I mean I'm also a secretary of an unregistered flat owner association... But I'm highly willing to form an association, but nobody is willing to get registered...can I seek court direction to impose it if they are avoidant...many flat owners are not paying maintenance and nor willing to take the charge themselves and collect maintenance fund...building needs major preparing..where can I complain?

BLRFLAT   07 March 2021

Same type problem I am facing. I am a woman and I purchased flat in Bangalore. Flat has seepage problem from next flat/ Builder and his goons men women harassing tormenting pass vulgar comments and not including in association which is unregistered. They are not giving any information, not calling for meeting, not including in whatsapp group. They would just do nonsense and threaten. If I ask watchman about association or turning on light in morning in basement, women and men call me mental and go to police station to complain against me. They shoo away buyers too. I feel so very threatened and helpless.

What can be done? Many men women gather and threaten and shout slogans.

RATAN SARKAR   27 April 2022

Dear Sir. till now I am giving mentaince changes. To protest I stop attending meetings for last few months. stop paying Rs 6000 ( paid Rs 14000 out of Rs 20000) for Building repair. I asked to open bank account jointly, but they are giving excuses not to open. Few owners are supporting them in fear. They complained against me to the councellor. Councellor called me infront of them, I explained everything, but councellor did not warn them and asked me to submit the pending Rs 6000. I asked to open bank account and submit my dues in that. But they started me harrasing through out whatsapp group. I wanted to solve the issue mutually but they are forcing me to down my head infront of them. Could you please suggest once again what to do?

Tapan Kumar Dutta   30 March 2024

I am a Sr.citizen living at south DumDum in a flat consisting of 10 flats with other owners since 1993. Here a gentleman and his wife purchased 2 resell flats and took possession in the year 2000.  He forcefully holds the Post of secretary & cashier of this unregistered owners Associatio for the  years after years. Sometimes he nominated  a owner as per his choice . Being the secretary of this  flat he took the entire control over the flat i.e. operate the Jet pump by himself switching off the staircase lights at night any repairing job asper his own wish and interest without consulting with others,no work done for the betterment/butification and cleaning of all the common areas of the flat except repairing of the Jet Pump regularly and occassionally repairing of Rain waterpipes and soil pipes at his side and with his own interestis it is also to be mentioned here that as per the society Act so far my knowledge the following works comes under the maintenance: 1.House keeping (common areas should be neat and clean properly) 2. Security. 3.Amc. 4.water management and drainage & plumbing works properly.cleaning of overhead and underground water Tank.6. Fire extinguisher. 7 To make the flat overlook/ beautiful / beautified. Further the secretary of the association without intimating to other flat owners,expending huge amount of fund collecting maintenance charges and raising spl fund from the flat owners. without obtaining multiple quotations and judging them at all. Collecting maintenance charges, but not willing to register the Association under the Society Act,not willing to open the Bank account in the name of the association. Keeping the Association Fund in the own pocket/ own Bank account of the so called  secretary of the association . Some times collected special Fund from the owners without issuing proper money receipt to the owners.   In protest I stopped to pay the monthly maintenance since July 2023 onwards. When I opposed for such activities the secretary and others 2 owner started quarraling saying not to argue and gave a cool threat. The wife of the accused owner/ secretary is also a quarrel some lady used ugly word and saying us to leave this flat.To protest I stopped attending the yearly meeting since December 2020. The Secretary & Others stored the Bamboos guarding my bedroom side widow since June 2023 to till date and creates obstacles of my daily life. The said Bamboos were used for replacement of pipes. Now please advise what can I do to resolve the problem.I repeatedly asking the owners to register the association under society Act and open a Bank account in the name of the association but due to fear other owners could not speak out

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register