LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhi   06 September 2023

Compensation from Coop Society?

Need to lodge case against Sai Sadan Chambers COOP Society- Mumbai for compensation of 7.5 lacs for repeated foul play, harassment, mental torture and financial losses due to forced closure of business.

Where to file CC court Or Consumer Court? Approx time period. TIA

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 September 2023

Better issue a legal notice first and then file in consumer forum , even you can file online

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 September 2023

In my view, in the given facts, only the Civil Court has the jurisdiction to try and award/compensation.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 September 2023

Without knowing de tails of the case no advice can be given. You have to give narration of the case. Are you a member of the co-operative society?  Were you doing business in the premises of the society? What was the reason given by the society to close the business? Give all dtails.

Sidhhi   07 September 2023

Yes I am the bonafide owner and founding member of society since 1993. I was doing business. The MC of society consisted of antisocial elements. Though my office was legally built and adjustant to it builder constructed 5 more rooms illegally and these elements broke open my room and stole goods worth 80000/-. They clubbed my room in Civil Suit 173 in CC court claiming my room is also illegal. Ultimately said suit was dismissed but still society didn't allow me to use the office and got electric power disconnected during the pendency of civil suit and FIR registered by me. I am a senior citizen and have suffered irrepairably at the hands of MC of society.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 September 2023

You have a case. Consult an experienced good lawyer. He will advise you where to file the case. As both civil and criminal issues are involved a Consumer Forum may not be suitable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register