LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhiraj   19 April 2024

Compensation from cars22

Due to the ban on 10 years old diesel vehicle in delhi NCR i decided to register my gurgaon haryana car in my hometown kanpur. So I requested to cars22 team submitted all the documents and 20000/- as fee in September 2023 after following up for 2 months they got noc issued for kanpur rto in November 23 but they keep delaying the process and the vehicle age crossed 10 years in December 2023. 

In January when registration was attempted at kanpur rto the rto denied the registration stating reason that vehicle with age 10 years or more are not registered in kanpur.

The cars22 team said they will get it registered to nearby RTO lakhimpur kheri even though I have kyc of kanpur only.

 they applied for NoC correction at Gurgaon rto in February 2024 and got updated noc for lakhimpur kheri in March 2024 .

Now I'm told that vehicle can be only registered in lakhimpur kheri if I get my kyc documents updated to some unknown local lakhimpur kheri address.

So more than 6 months are wasted 20k money wasted. And all I have is NOC for lakhimpur kheri rto which will expire in a few months and my car will be of no use.

I have written to cars22 team for providing solution/compensation for all the losses and inconvenience caused but I am sure that it's of no use.

Kindly suggest how can I move legally in the matter through district consumer forum, state consumer forum or national consumer forum 

Car invoice value was 6L

Insurance 5k

Fee paid online 20k



 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 April 2024

You can file a case for deficiency in service before the jurisdictional consumer redressal commission seeking compensation for loss of time and money besides for deficiency in service. 

1 Like

Abhiraj   20 April 2024

I'm filing in kanpur DC for the compensation as following 

Loss of car , compensate to the car invoice value 6L as my car can't be ply on the road anymore and I've to purchase another car now

Fee paid 20k with 12% interest till date 

Insurance 5k

For delay/inconvenience/mental stress 6L

Total 12.25L

Hope that's logical and reasonable?



T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2024

There's no infirmity or an embargo to claim the compensation as justified by you. 

It is for the court to decide what can be allowed reasonably. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register