Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapil (Sr. Software Engineer)     23 November 2009

Comp. not giving releiving letter even when no notice reqd.

Hi,

My Previous company ( very small, 5 people r there, got pvt ltd recently) is not giving me the relieving letter because i did not serv the proper notice period as per him. Although no notice period is required as per the agreement. I orally talked about resigning a week earlier and sent the resignation letter thru email 3 days before. The company is also having almost my one month salary due.

My question is that is it possible to ask the company to provide the letter under any law, if there was no clause regarding the notice period in the agreement.

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     23 November 2009

You can demand the required letter through notice and can also demand your pending dues.

Kapil (Sr. Software Engineer)     02 December 2009

Thanks for the replies. Please tell me one more thing :

Currently I am living in Gurgaon. In case I send a notice to that comany (which is in Ghaziabad) Where will be the hearing of the case ?  In Ghaziabad or Gurgaon ? In the appointment letter there was no statement writtien that in case of any dispute the jurisdiction place should be Ghaziabad only.

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     04 December 2009

hey ! dont complicate this issue.sameway u ask for ur pending dues thru mail or thru regd post.no need to get relieve letter if u r not given appointment order.give some time for the management too b4 initiating legal formalities.

cheers

pragadeesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register