Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sija Thota (-)     26 December 2009

community certificate for PreKG admission

Hi,

My native place is Tirunelveli Dist in Tamil Nadu. I have got my community certificate from there.

My husband's native place is Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.  Now, we r in Chennai.

My 2 yr old son was born in my native place (Tirunelveli Dist, tamilnadu), and I have got his Birth Certificate from there.

Now, I need get community certificate for him for PreKG admission. Where I have to apply for this? in tamilnadu or Andhra pradesh? How long it will take to get it? 

One frnd of mine was telling that "they wont provide community certificate for minors(under five year old). Is it so? If yes, where can find the legal detail regarding this? )

And, about the mother tongue of my son, whether I need to fill TAMIL (my mothertongue) or TELUGU (my husband's mothertongue) ?  But, at present we r talking in tamil only to our son.

Please clear my doubts!

Thanks in advance.

Learning

27 Replies

Hi,

I husband got his  "community, nativity and residential certificate" from his native place.

Sija Thota.

Hi, I forgot to mention that.. "we don have ration card in chennai. No voter id card also.

please help me ASAP.

thanks,

Sija thota.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     27 December 2009

FATHER COMMUNITY CERTIFICATE CAN BE USED AS CHILD CHILD COMMUNITY IF D.O.B  PROOF AVAILABLE.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     28 December 2009

You can elect community of his father or mother. You can apply for and get it in chennai itself. Mother tongue has no relevance here. Even if your son is minor, you can apply for and get a community certifiate.

Approach your nearest Taluk office with proof of residence, they will guide you.

Vasanthraj (Team Leader)     20 January 2010

Hi,

I applied for community certificate for my 3 yr old child. I produced copies and orginals(for verfication) of the following documents 1. Child birth certificate 2. Mine and my wife's community certificate, 3. Ration card for proof of address 4. Mine as well as my wife's Voter ID for ID proof. However they asked for my school TC in original which i have attested copy only. But they demand original TC of mine. Is it valid on them to ask for it even after producing all documents mentioend above. Please could you clarify and guide me what i should do in this scenario.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     21 January 2010

They might asked for original school TC, because to verify the community given in the school T.C.  In your case, attested copy of TC is valid. 

Legally speaking, they should not ask for school T.C., that too original. It has no relevance here.

Have you approached the taluk office directly or through some broker?.  It is the duty of the VAO and RI (Revenue Inspector) to make enquiry with available documents.

Please mention, Which is the taluk office and  name of person whi asked for the TC.

Vasanthraj (Team Leader)     30 January 2010

Thank you Ramesh Sir, i had my college TC and they accepted a copy of it. This is solinghanallur taluk office chennai. The person who came for veification said now a days TC is a must if parents are educated.

M.Gopal (Website)     09 February 2010

Advocate Sir,

Thanks for the info. on choice between father's community and mother's community certificate for getting child's communitity certificate.

I have applied for my daughter's community certificate( for BC ) along with my wife's community certificate, Ration card, & her TC.  But in the VAO office, they deny that there is no such order to give community certificate based on mother's community .cert., and they are asking the G.O number or Order copy of the same.

If you could through some light on G.O number / Judgement copy & where can i get a copy of this, etc., would be really helpful to me & US.

Please help me.

FYI: I belong to FC, so i opt for BC for my daughter's community certificate

Thanks
Gopal

M.Gopal (Website)     09 February 2010

Mr. Ramesh Sir,

Thanks for the info. on choice between father's community and mother's community certificate for getting child's communitity certificate.

I have applied for my daughter's community certificate( for BC ) along with my wife's community certificate, Ration card, & her TC.  But in the VAO office, they deny that there is no such order to give community certificate based on mother's community .cert., and they are asking the G.O number or Order copy of the same.

If you could through some light on G.O number / Judgement copy & where can i get a copy of this, etc., would be really helpful to me & US.

Please help me.

FYI: I belong to FC, so i opt for BC for my daughter's community certificate

Thanks
Gopal

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     10 February 2010

//In the VAO office, they deny that there is no such order to give community certificate based on mother's community .cert., and they are asking the G.O number or Order copy of the same.//

Even there is no such order which requires to adopt father's community. It is the discretion of the child or parent at present. There are so many VIP's who have adopted his/her mother's community.

You appraoch the higher official for your redressal.

In the mean I'll try to search any G.O. in your favour.

M.Gopal (Website)     10 February 2010

Ramesh Sir,

Thanks for sparing your valuable time to look into the issue.  I'll consult with RI office. i'll let you know, If I get some useful info

Gopal

M.Gopal (Website)     15 February 2010

Ramesh Sir,

I've managed to get the G.O pertains to your reply 28 December 2009, 16:56 in this forum ( a chaild can elect community of his father or mother ). 

Please follow this link to get the G.O No.477 dt.27-06-1975.Hope this will help some one
https://www.tn.gov.in/gorders/adtw/adtw477-e.htm

Thanks
Gopal

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     15 February 2010

Great Mr. Gopal. Please also read the relevant news;

Monday 17th of September 2007 
Child Cannot Be Compelled To Disclose Caste: SC

Monday 17th of September 2007  The Supreme Court Monday observed that no school in the country can compel a child to disclose his caste at the time of admission.

A bench headed by Chief Justice K.G. Balakrishnan made the observation, saying the disclosure of one's caste could only be optional and not mandatory.

The bench dismissed a plea by an 81-year-old Gandhian from Tamil Nadu, Salemvelu Gandhi alias Velu, while yet terming the petition as having 'laudable objectives'.

The Gandhian had sought the court's direction to schools against seeking information about a child's caste at the time of admission, and pleaded this perpetuated casteism in the society.

The court said it was constrained to dismiss the petition owing to the practical difficulties in issuing the directions as several castes, including the Schedule Castes and Tribes and the Other Backward Classes, depend on the caste certificate issued by schools to avail the benefits of various affirmative actions of the state.

The bench said it cannot pass any direction on the issue as it would create problems for those who want to avail free scholarships and other benefits.

தமிழக அரசு இந்தப் பிரச்னை குறித்து வெளியிட்ட அரசாணை எண்.1210 தேதி 02.07.73’. இந்த அரசாணையின்படி பள்ளிச் சான்றிதழ்களில் ஜாதி, மதம் போன்ற இடங்களை காலியாக விடவோ அல்லது இல்லை என்று குறிப்பிடவோ உரிமை உண்டு என்று அரசு கூறுகிறது. (Govt. of Tamilnadu has provided under G.O.No.1210 dated 2.7.1973 that the coloumn "caste" can be left blank or can be answered as "No")

Vadamarajan.B (Software Engineer)     22 February 2010

Hi Ramesh Sir,

I too have a similar problem.

I applied for community certificate for my 3 yr old daughter in tondiarpet taluk office. I produced copies and orginals(for verfication) of the following documents 1. Child birth certificate 2. My community certificate, 3. Ration card for proof of address . However they asked for my school TC in original  or Xerox. But I dont have school TC since it is held in my college where I did my UG, but I do have my college TC which dont have community mentioned in IT.  Is it valid to ask school TC even after producing all documents mentioend above ( I have College TC and my  Community Certificate  and other required documtns) .

Please could you clarify and guide me what i should do now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register