Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Birendra (Pvt Service )     01 June 2022

Clra act 1970 is applicable or not applicable

Dear Sir

Please advice me that in case of suppose number of total workman appointed by consultant employer including all locations with a single principle employer is more than 20. These all workman is appointed on different locations ( places ) to the same principle employer but when ever we considering that only one location , the total number of workman is less than 20 with the same principle employer

Now the question is in such situation whether the Contract regulation and abolition act 1970 will be  applicable or not applicable

Please advice

Learning

4 Replies

Mahi Manchanda   27 June 2022

Hi,

CLRA Act is applicable to every establishment in which 20 or more workmen are employed as contract labour or were so employed anytime during last 12 months. Hence, the Act would be become applicable once 20 or more workmen are employed as contract labour on any day in an establishment during the preceding 12 months. Irrespective of where they are located. 

So according to your question, CLRA 1970 will be applied to your establishment, irrespective of where they are located.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a good day!

Kumar Birendra (Pvt Service )     27 June 2022

Dear sir

I asking the places where number of workman applied less than 20 , is it applied 

While it is clear that overall places number of workman is more than 20 hence it is applied 

But asking about the single place where total number is less than 20 with same pirinciple employer

Is it applied

Mahi Manchanda   27 June 2022

Hi,

CLRA applicability differs state by state. Moreover, the threshold head count for each state also varies. It depends where the workman have been employees.

I hope this answers your question. 

Have a good day

Kumar Birendra (Pvt Service )     06 July 2022

Dear Sir 

Suppose the location is in state of bihar or jharkhand where a particular location less than 20 workman is being supplied by same consultant employer to a single principle employee 

Although it is clear when total 20 or more workman will be supplied then it will be applicable 

I also agree the some of states like maharastra this 20 has replaced by number 50 by amendment 

But once again we are coming to the point that is bihar or jharkhand where the location when less than 20 workman has supplied is this act will be applicable 

Please revert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register