LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Classification No.42

I am working with a Company Secretary firm.  We want to register a trade mark for our client's company name which is engaged in infracture sector.  He has one more company engaged in construction sector.  We have already registered for trademark for the same name under class 37.  Now we want to file application under class 42.  Does infracture falls under class 42 or any other class.  Please advise me immediately.


 3 Replies


Class 37 is perfact classification for construction services. Class 42 is having very wide classfication for Indian trademark procedure.

Class 42: Providing of food and drink; temporary accommodation; medical, hygienic and beauty care; veterinary and agricultural services, legal services, scientific and industrial research ; computer programming; services that cannot be classified in other classes.

So, I will suggest you to check with Nice Classification for Trademark esp. Class 42 to 45, it will cover Indian classfication of Class 42 for your remaining services.

Infrastucture area is also very wide, it cover such like all service class therefore check with Nice Classification for specific service, I have already uploaded and shared on this site.

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     02 September 2009



Class 42 is irrelevant for construction sector. However, is the company engaged in real estate affairs too? in most cases, construction and real estate affairs go hand in glove with each other.  If so, it would fall under class 36 also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register