LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     04 September 2023

Claiming land

I have paid by cheque to seller of land but I have got  sale deed  done in my friends name, and mutation entries in his name on 7/12 extract friends name is reflecting,now I want to make in my name ,but the friends is not ready to do it .what option I have

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 September 2023

It is the title document for transfer of ownership i.e., Sale Deed in the name of your friend, according your friend is owner.

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     04 September 2023

You mean though I have made payment to seller  I can't take the land back from my friend?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 September 2023

You have donated the land to your friend. How come you made the sale deed in someone else’s name and now you demand the land from him, He can either under moral obligations return if he is true gentleman or you have to buy from him upon his price and accent. You mere paying amount through cheque is just nothing in this matter, that proves you were indebted with him or many things like that.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 September 2023

do you have any receipt paper for payment to seller towards purchase of land ? you can file a complaint to police on breach of trust 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 September 2023

the deal is prima-facie suspicious.

you can:-

1. sue your friend of money; or
  2. buy land from himn; or
  3. beg before him.

it happens many times that persons have ill gotten money by which they buy property in the name of frinds and relative and are deprived of the same. I hope you are not on esuch case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register