25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     24 June 2021

Dear Mr Satya, 

What I could gather from your query is that you want to buy land and you want to know which document to check. 

1. You must check latest Jamabandi (record of rights) for the particular plot. You can check that in patwari office or tehsildar office. If land is in urban area then local estate office.  See that there is no red entry or a charge of any person on such land. 2. Then also request the seller to show title document i.e. document on the basis of which the seller claims to be owner.

3. Also go and check the land personally to see if there is anything constructed on it to check about unauthorized construction.  


Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh


Disclaimer:- The opinion is only for guidance. 

Sasi Kiran Mohanty   24 June 2021

The most important point have been already mentioned by learned Counsel. I would like to add one more point i. e. apply for a EC in the registrar office to see the history and past transaction details of the concerned land.

Sasi Kiran Mohanty, Advocate
District and Sessions Court, Odisha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query