Upgrad LLM

civil case decreed, opposite party not returning documents


   My brother borrowed some money for business by keeping house documents[all family members signed]. He had heavy loss and was not able to recover/repay it. So party who gave money went to court and filed a OS against us. Case was going on and he got passed away leaving all debts uncleared. Finally we had to step in and tried to clear it. After doing repeated follow ups with our lawyer, we got judgement and decree stating we need to pay respective amount [based on court interest rate] to them. We paid that amount in court account and closed from our side in next few days. In decree it is clearly stated that opponent should return all documents related to us once amount is paid. But even after that, they are not returing the documents to us. They are expecting some extra money for unregistered pronote which was signed from my brother[who is no more]. Is it legally valid. 

Case was decreed 2 yrs ago. Can they go for appeal against this now.





You just file application for return of documents,it will be an execution type petition..


Take certified decree copy if he is submitted to court then you produce order copy and obtain documents if it is in his custody then file e.p to execute decree.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x