LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jochhan Dutta   26 November 2021


‌My Grandfather divided her land between my grandmother,mother and aunty (sister of my mother) before his death. After some years my grandmother gift her land by blackmailed to my aunty and complete the registration.Then they sued against my mother and told for mutual.But my mother gave a challenge through civil court for it.Now Me and my mother staying to this house but recently my aunty disconnect electricity in my room without any legal notice.
‌what can i do for it. I want electricity urgent.

 2 Replies

Vinoth Mathiyan   26 November 2021

firstly move to the police station and register complaint regarding this and consult your advocate regarding the suit filled by your mother

Anaita Vas   27 November 2021

Firstly, file a police complaint against your aunt in the nearest police station under Section 268 of the Indian Penal Code.

This Section states that a person is guilty of a public nuisance who does any act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right. A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.

If this type of harassment is faced by you then, you can file an application under Section 268 of IPC in the court of magistrate.
Punishment of nuisance is defined in Section 290 of IPC, which is mere Rs. 200 but the court can do much more. Also call your electricity department and inform them to restore electricity in your house.



Anaita Vas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query