LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravikumarbcombl (advocate)     04 March 2009

Cinema Stars contesting in Election

Dear Friends and Members.... this is the time for election, i want to know the opinion from all....see Cinema celebrities.... actually they are professional artists and for earning money they come for the industry.... by luck very few are becoming popular and having some image and influence over the people in a particular state or locality......i agree it's an art and they may have the skill and  talent in their own art./profession... after getting popularity, earning money and well settled they are coming and entering into politics individually or join with some political parites.... for What.??????? here onemorething we have to understand some parties nowadays to win in elections using some popular figures ...... this is the view in respect of making the parites' strength ..... to getting more seats.... but my question is what about the real fact and meaning of Governance and administration and all....then definitely all subsequent questions will come like ..what about the Government.... Democratic... Social justic ... making laws..... administering laws..... it's a huge thinking and an extraordinary field of politics.... how the people are simply casting their vote for this kind of cinema professionals and cricket stars.... only for the reason of popularity......?????    Is it Fair and Moral?????? because each and everything  when looking for the right person their qualifications... abilities.. skill and deligence etc..are taking into consideration.......but all these facts are not seriously taking into consideration in electing a representative........ Am i right or Not.  then why the people are having schools, colleges, academic qualifications etc........   dreaming about their children to become a good professionals and academic winners.. scientist.... lawyer.. politician .. everything become meaningless... in my view everyone should know and realize that the cinema industy is one of the professionals and they are entertainers... whoever having the time for entertainment they spend time for relax...... this is the real fact but nowadays people are forgetting  this and encourage certain idiotic act of come and rule me....... yes in this way people( not in whole .... somebody)   let the professional actor and actress to rule the country.. to rule them.... What i am saying is correct or not???? 

Learning

2 Replies

aatma   05 March 2009

Friend,

India is a democratic country.  Everybody has rights to do anything. Why not india born cine stars can participate in constitutional posts?

If a foreigh  citizen married an indian, he or she can hold constitutional

posts, though he/she obtained citizenship by her long stay in the

country and not by birth. (Happens only in india)

"The Indian Constitution does not make a distinction between citizens and as such no distinction can be made within the `single class of citizens.' It cannot be said that natural born citizens or those covered by Article 5 stand on a higher footing than others," The Centre said: "The Citizenship Act, 1955 provides for acquisition of citizenship by birth; by descent; by registration and by naturalisation. Once citizenship is acquired under the provisions of

the Act, no distinction can be made in the citizenship acquired under

the Act or under the constitution."

Even Criminals can hold constitutional posts, compete in election. (This happens only in india)

India politicians seen as corrupt, inefficient: survey

https://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gUDRCTlR9yIIQtFG9XLoxompVRpg

Many politicians elected to parliament routinely face criminal charges ranging from rape and kidnap to murder.   About a quarter of the 543 members elected to India's lower house in 2004 faced criminal charges, including murder, kidnap, rape and murder.

Why not cine stars enter to politics ? Compare to current indian political situation atleast cine stars are indian citizens, non corrupted, no criminal cases pending on them.

ravikumarbcombl (advocate)     06 March 2009

Hi Friend, thank you for your reply and  the comparisons and examples....but mainly i am asking about the qualifications and skill and diligence....here no question about citizenship.......... what i am trying to say is the people have to realize and try to come forward to change the political scenario of our country like you say the corruption, criminals contesting.. Unqualified ... even not having the primary education.... etc... for avoiding all these things everyone should come forward and take a resolution to revamp the society....  Citizenship by birth  is not an issue... see examples are both the sides available... what about Mother Teresa........  Can anyone refuse and ignore her services and sacrifices......  think what they are doing and in which way they concern about the upliftment of Society..... i can understand your issue of citizenship.....  I would like to share something about  Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, do you know the real fact she is not at all willing to participate in politics...even her husband Rajiv Gandhi's entry into politics........ after his death she was staying  away from everything...... but  when the circumstances required... at the time of Sitaram Kesari was the President of Congress........ the CWC unanimously resolved and elected and requested Mrs.Sonia Gandhi to lead the Party .......... since then she leads the party and doing the service for the country only...... everyone should understand if anyone in your family happen to fall in love with a foreigner and subsequently marry........ then become the member of the family and acquired the citizenship of the spouse's  country...no question will arise….. it's all quite natural..... right???? but here Mrs.Sonia Gandhi's citizenship is occasionally coming to controversy.... why because of heritage....... ofcourse the Nehru's  family generation to generation  they are continuing in politics.... and give up their life and sacrifice a lot ...... after all  these factors she came for that position by inheritance...... here how this citizenship comes ????  it's really a shame to restrain one who married an indian and have two children and living here and having the key role in indian politics and contributing her service for the society ....... if anyone really feel and watch her day to day affairs, speeches in parliament and her way of attachment towards the Indian culture and tradition…. then no question of citizenship by birth to hold the constitutional post will arise….it’s already ruled out………

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register