LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

IMTIYAZ AHMED ANSARI   17 January 2023

Cidco transfer charges for a flat in 2023

I purchased a flat in Kharghar in 2019 from 1st owner. CHS is registered and OC received in 2012. The plot is leased by CIDCO under 12.5% scheme. In 2021 it was decided between CIDCO and Panvel MC to handover Kharghar node to Panvel MC for providing all services and maintenance. Accordingly as per recent order from Urban Development ministry, CIDCO stopped levying services charges since NOV 2022. On the other hand Panvel MC has started raising property tax bill in the name of individual flat owner since 2021, for tax collection since 2016 and Panvel MC is charging fee for name change in their property records.
My question ; Do I need to transfer flat in my name now in CIDCO or I need to transfer flat in my name in Panvel MC ?

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 January 2023

You should check who owns the land; , and just providing services and maintenance does not makes it clear whether the proprietary rights has been vested to Panvel MC. You better confirm from  the Panvel MC about the their status and read the  agreement between CICDco and Panvel properly.

IMTIYAZ AHMED ANSARI   02 March 2023

Thanks. I checked how the builder got hold of this land and understand the land is leased by CIDCO for 60 years, and hence land ownership is with CIDCO. And CIDCO is therefore charging tenants for name transfer.

Helen Dam   28 September 2023

I am not a legal expert, but I can provide some general information that might be helpful.

The decision to transfer the flat in your name either with CIDCO or Panvel Municipal Corporation (MC) could depend on local regulations and the specific circumstances of your property. It's essential to consult with a legal expert or a local authority to get precise guidance tailored to your situation.

Here are some factors to consider:

1. Lease Agreement with CIDCO: Since your property falls under the 12.5% CIDCO scheme, you should review the terms of your lease agreement with CIDCO. It may outline the conditions for transferring the property.

2. Property Taxation: If Panvel MC is raising property tax bills in your name and charging fees for name changes, it suggests that they are taking responsibility for tax collection and property records. It would be prudent to follow the procedures set by Panvel MC for any property-related matters.

3. Local Regulations: Regulations and policies can vary by location, and it's crucial to comply with the rules established by the local authorities that have jurisdiction over your property. retro bowl college

4. Legal Advice: It's advisable to consult with a legal expert who specializes in real estate and municipal matters in Kharghar, as they can provide you with the most accurate advice based on the latest developments and local regulations.

Given the recent changes and the complexity of property-related matters, seeking legal counsel is essential to ensure that you make the right decisions regarding the transfer of your flat. They can guide you through the specific steps required for your situation and help you comply with local laws and regulations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register