LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rangnath.kulkarni (nil)     15 December 2021

CHS desirous of selling land and structures on it.

In Mumbai is it possible as per law for CHS to sell whole asset as all members are willing? If yes,what is safe way to close deal ,either by accepting entire price by members and devide it as per entitlement depending on area of their individual flat or take token money and enter into agreement to sale. Will MOU be required.How the society be de registered by Registrar.


 2 Replies

Kawmini Liyanage   19 December 2021


Co-operate Housing Schemes especially come under the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act 1960 ,by-laws and Ownership Flats Act of 1963.  According to the by laws set out relating to Transfer of Shares and Interest in the Capital/Property of the Society Section 38,39 & 40 applies in this regard.


Kawmini Liyanage.

Dipro Hajra   20 December 2021

In response to the query,

Co-operate Housing comes under Maharashtra Cooperative SocietiesAct 1960 , by-laws and Ownership of Flats Act 1963 section 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 , 40 are important in this regard

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register