LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

a   08 August 2022

Child custody from girlfriend

I have married in 2016. Just after 4 months, I came to know that my wife had affair after our marriage. I have filed a divorce case in 2017. After that, I started living a relationship with my office friend. My girlfriend got pregnant and gave birth to one cute girl in 2020. Now my girlfriend does not want to continue relation. She is ready to give me child custody. My wife filed 498A and DV cases against me and those are pending. Now, my girlfriend wants to get separated out and she is ready to give me girl custody as per my wish. Please suggest to me what should I do in such a situation. In the future, she can't claim my girl's custody and my property or not file any case against me. Please provide me the best advice.  


 5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 August 2022

The facts posted suggest a riddle than a query. Admittedly, there are two different issues which have no nexus with each other. 

Shashi Dhara   08 August 2022

Compromise in lok Adalat for custody  of child.

a   09 August 2022

Thanks for reply..

Please answer my following query..

  • What is the best to solve this problem amicably?
  • What is the best way to get custody of the child legally and after that girlfriend does not claim the child and not claim my property and child's property?
  • We have a provision of the mutual consent divorce application. Do we have a provision of mutual child custody agreement?. Because when I asked this question to my laywer, then he said there is no provision for mutual child custody agreement to apply in court. He told me that we can execute such an agreement in front of a notary by keeping the girlfriend's father as a witness.   


You can get an order from Lok Adalat which cannot be challenged.

You have a good case. You may reach me @ 8297877977

Ananda   05 September 2023

a > were you able to resolve your matter ? In a similar situation, thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More