LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Child custody

Page no : 2

dhiren (india)     19 November 2010

Thanks for the advice again Adv. Archana. They both wish to get divorced. But the girl is under fear that if she gets divorced, the husband will take the son back when he grows older despite the court orders to keep the child with mother till he is small. Once the child gets older the court may order the mother to give the child to her father. 

i wish to know that 

1. If she can retain the custody of the  child for lifetime

2. She want to keep the child with her for whole of life. The father may get remarried to another lady after divorce.

If there is any provision in the law to so as to enable the girl to keep the child with her even when the child gets older please let me know....asap.. 


Law professes custody of  to a parent  which is in best interest(welface) of child and,  to a rational mind, this guidline  appears reasonable. So this lady  is   unjust when she wants to deprive father from the custody of the child .

Once child is more than five years old, and if father demand custody to court , she will have to prove that it is in best interest of the child to be with mother.

Or you can effectuate an agreement today where father gives up right for custody of the children. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query