Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   25 April 2023

Cheque bounced due to diff in signature!

What is better the option:
1) Approach local police station for FIR or
2) Approach a advocate asking hefty fee
3) Approach whom ?

Learning

8 Replies

SoniaRajesh (Best Lawyer)     25 April 2023

In the event that your check has bobbed because of a distinction in signature, the best strategy is approach a legal counselor who spends significant time under tight restraints bob cases. The lawyer can explain your legal options to you and walk you through the process.

While documenting a FIR with the neighborhood police headquarters is a choice, it is generally excessive for instances of really take a look at skip because of a distinction in signature. This is on the grounds that such cases are viewed as common cases, and a lawful notification can be shipped off the individual who gave the really look at requesting installment. In the event that installment isn't made inside the specified time, legitimate move can be made by documenting a case in the suitable court.

A lawyer can assist you in navigating the legal system and ensure that your case is effectively presented in court, making it preferable to file an FIR. Even though hiring a lawyer may come with some costs, it is usually cheaper in the long run than other options.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2023

You have not posted the complete facts.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

The cheque bounced due to the signature that mismatches the records held by bank, then it is also an offence under section 138 NI Act.

You can approach another advocate and first issue a legal demand notice after which you can plan to file the criminal complaint 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 April 2023

Yes, cheque dishonoured due to signature differs/mismatch is offence and attracts  provisions of N.I.Act.Issue notice and demand cheque amount and if notice not respond then file complaint against drawer u/sec 138 of N.I.Act.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 April 2023

Well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I endorse the same.

However, to add to the above,what is your actual problem / dispute / concern vis-a-vis queries posted earlier as observed from your profile since you have posted various topics for debate some of them are:

posted a new topic in Forum Cheque bounced due to diff in signature!

posted a new topic in Forum can husband be evicted from tenancy flat?

posted a new topic in Forum Is there any time limit for Execution of decree ? replied to a topic in Forum Power of attorney

posted a new topic in Forum BSE & Custodians BoI in Buy back scam of Sterlite Industries in 2002! replied to a topic in Forum Pagdi system redevelopment

posted a new topic in Forum Other 2 Administrators Appointed by High Court refuse to act on LOA! replied to a topic in Forum Navi loan legal notice

posted a new topic in Forum Unregistered family settlement - Valid or Not in court proceedings?

posted a new topic in Forum Carpet area less than agreed in Consent Terms filed in Bombay High Court ?

More 

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=870093

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

THIS IS NOT A QUERY RATHER  A QUESTION PAPER.

Siddhi   26 April 2023

Sir, I m trying to help out friends who are senior citizens and facing different type of threats due to old age and not literate to post queries in this forum. It's like helping people in distress. I m indeed thankful to experts for their advice and then put the affected person to NGO for help.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 April 2023

Section 138 of the NI Act is applicble only in cases where a chque, issued in discharge of a legally enforceable debt, is dishonoured and  not otherwise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register