Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Joshi   08 June 2023

Cheque Bounce Case

Respected Sir

Greetings of the day!!

I borrowed some money from my friend giving cheque with signed only. No date mentioned, No amount mentioned, just signed only and gave it.

I returned all his money and now I am asking to him to give my cheques back, he is not giving now and threatening me to give more money else he will deposit that cheque sue to court.

What are the grounds that can take me out from litigations, proceeding, court order etc. What argue I can do if he really deposit that cheque which can bring me out.

Your small words can bring my peace of mind as I am having newly marriage family and infant child.



 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     08 June 2023

You will have to wait for action to be initiated by your friend (holder of the cheque in question).

Presently your query is premature, apprehensive and hypothetical.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     08 June 2023

This is though repeated query, your cheques are insturment  and till that is not returned back to you the complaint shall be in the way. He will file under !#* NIA. Just stop reapeating same query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register