Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BhanuPrasad Bondi   06 June 2023


Dear sir/Madam,
My father and my step mother had recently filed a cheque bounce case against me. They stated that I had agreed for an agreement of 2300000INR which was signed by me under severe harassment of police officers. But that agreement is an unregistered one.
I married a girl against my parents wish.At that time I came out of my home leaving all valuables at home.After the agreement, police allowed me to go to home and collect my belongings. At that time, I didn't have any thing in mind except to leave. I forgot my bank documents. But that account is Inactive.Now my parents are claiming that I gave a cheque to them on behalf of the agreement. cheque worth 4 lakh rupees.
please advice


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2023

If the agreement don't contain ingredients for passing any consideration, then there's no legally liable debt.

In that case the cheque bounce case is not maintainable hence you can challenge it properly and get it dismissed.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 June 2023

If they have cheque and that belongs to your account then certainly you will be in problem, they will file under 138 NIA and they have support of agreement too. So it is better that you settle with them amicably.

Lawyers Info (Info)     06 June 2023

You need a best lawyer against this type of case. You need to discuss with a lawyer after that you can be satisfied. Do not waste your time just find the lawyer according to there practices and experiences.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 June 2023

I concur the opinion expressed by  expert Shri T.Kalaiselvan Advocate.Complaint depends on contents of agreement. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register