Check bounce

i work in as a supplier of various wholesale items to the small retailer shops in my city, one such retailer has an overdue and paid through check which was returned by the bank with a note of insufficient funds, I asked the retailer and he promised to solve the problem. There are no positive steps by the retailer, what can I do to get the money.


Within 30 days from the date on which the cheque got bounced you have to issue notice and file Private Complaint under Sec. 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. Consult your local Advocate.


If the cheque is rejected, you can file a case under The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. There can be two years of imprisonment or fine or both. A.A.ZAIDI ADVOCATE,

For More information please contact your local Advocate.

You are posting many an issue. What is the real problem?


Hello Arunabh, 

Your query has been answered by Advocate Vaibhav Kalra in this youtube video - from  -  26.28 - 35.45

LAWyersClubIndia is coming with many more such Quick Query Resolution sessions for the querists looking for legal advice!

Hope you find this useful!




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x