LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meena   27 December 2023

Cheating in relationship

Hi, i was in relationship with one married guy since a year. He had promised me lot of times on WhatsApp msgs and call that he will take divorce with his wife and will get married me. He loves me and not happy in current marriage.

He borrowed lot of money from me. We had physical relationship.

We have notary bond aggreement and in same he has given that he will marry me at any cost and complete all his promises.

Now he is refusing to marry me and blocked me everywhere.and I am not able to connect him.

I have all proof,bond paper,chats signed by himself. 

Please suggest me what can I do? 


 16 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     27 December 2023

Such an agreement is invalid and not enforceable in Court of law.

You have the only option to forgive and forget past and proceed afresh in life. 

1 Like

Meena   27 December 2023

Sir can't I file FIR against him?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     27 December 2023

yes you can file FIR against him , he is in criminal breach .Eeven held in many judgments that  physical relationship under the garb of promise to marry is not consensusal relationship and amounts to rape,though has many other factors to prove. Anyways you file an FIR for cheating and fraud  and he is will be in soup for ever

1 Like

Meena   27 December 2023

Under which IPC I can file FIR? Could you please help me out?

SAM (LEGAL)     27 December 2023

First of all when you were aware that he is married guy why you got involved in physical relationship. You should have avoided him until he divorces his present wife. After divorce when he gets married to you then only you should have got involved with him.

Its a mistake done by both of you. But as he is now avoiding you after having physical relationship with you then you can ask for compensation from him in money terms or else you may file police complaint in local police station against him for breach committed by him.

1 Like

Meena   27 December 2023

Is there any other option?

SAM (LEGAL)     27 December 2023

What option you want now? Do you want him behind bars? or do you want some compensation?


Meena   27 December 2023

I want himBehind bar

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2023

The promise made by the married person to marry you after his subsisting marriage is dissolved has not been breached by him because his subsisting marriage has not yet been dissolved therefore he cannot be held guilty of the alleged offence.

You pretty well knew that he is a married person and also agreed to marry him after he gets divorced, hence it was a voluntary act from your side, therefore you may have to wait until his marriage is dissolved by a decree of divorce.

The s*xual relationship between you and him was consensual hence he cannot be termed to have cheated you, this is just an extra marital affair with you for the married person.

You cannot take any criminal action against him if he is not willing to be in touch with you anymore.

If you have evidences for having advanced the money then you can legally demand him to repay the same failing which you can initiate legal action to recover the same 

2 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     28 December 2023

I fully agree with the advise of learned expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan.

It was your conscience decision to have a consensual s*x which do not attract the provisions of cheating or rape as suggested by expert Mr. SAM.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2023

you can sue him for refund.            

Meena   29 December 2023

He is ready for refund.

But he cheated me and breach played with me. Now I am in depression. I want him to punish.

MOHAMED FIROZ (DIRECTOR)     29 December 2023

How will this lady prove that a physical relationship happened in the past and unless the money given by her was through a bank instrument . 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     30 December 2023

Recover the money, if you can get / prove in the Court.

Other than above, you have the only option to forget the past and move ahead in life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register