New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratap pratap (Student)     14 May 2022

Cheating case

We registered an fir against couple who did fraud in the name of giving jobs,Your complaint has been registered as sections 420,465,468 r/w 34 IPc at police station.what are the further proceedings we have to do?


 4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     14 May 2022


You have registered the FIR so after registration police will initiate the investigation. You have to go to court for giving the evidence once the investigation is completed and the charge sheet is filed. 

Pratap pratap (Student)     14 May 2022

Can anyone describe the sections 420,465,468 r/w 34 IPc. What punishment does couple will face and what is the way for money recovery?


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 May 2022

Money recovery is always through Civil proceedings alone.   Contact a local advocate for recovery.  Wait for a month and file an RTI application seeking information on the Name of the Investigating Officer and the status of the investigation.  By filing a  criminal complaint you are warned of the other gullible candidates and brought pressure on the culprits but recovery is always through court.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 May 2022

Seek status report from investigating officer through your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register