Upgrad LLM

cheating case

Facts of the case: My father runs a supply business with Sands and stone for construction. He made a supply agreement with one contractor. He made the delivery with the order placed by the contractor. However the contractor without paying the full amount of the supplies, ran away without informing him. The crucial thing is that since my father is illiterate, he had no idea of written agreement or to obtain it as to produce as proof/evidence against the said contractor. Is it okay to file a formal complaint before the Police on the basis of Cheating case? kindly help me...

yah surely you can file cheating case,
but for police to take action on such complaint or to file a FIR is a task.
kindly share the agreement for better guidence


Total likes : 1 times


Retired employee.

You can go to the District Legal Services Authority and inform facts to them and seek legal heir.  Carry your ration card, ID card showing income with photographs.  They may even call the landlord, and if that landlord has not made payments to the contractor, they may prevail upon him to pay such amount to you.


What is the stand of your father? May, be he is illiterate, but he would be certainly be wise as to the usage and custom in dealing with such cases. Much of the trade and business sustains on its wisdom, not on the knowledge copied from the books.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x