25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravind Kumar Gunda (BOE)     20 April 2018

Cheating case

Hello Everyone.

I was in a relationship, my ex-girl with false allegations filed multiple cases against me stating that I forced her to love and marriage me, also said she was never in a relationship with me and said she treated me as a friend only.

There was a first case closed a couple of years ago, and now there is a second case trial has been going on. I am pretty sure I will win the second case. I have been getting suffered with these cases for about 6 years now. 

My questions below for you all 

1. I would like to file a case for damages and criminal defamation, can I do so?

2. Also I would like to file a cheating case separately against my ex-girl for disturbing my life for about many years, can I file a cheating case against her after I win my second case after 6 years? what are the IPC sections to be covered? Is there any time limit to file a cheating case?

Please advice me...Thanking you.



 4 Replies

TGK REDDI   20 April 2018

1. Yes, you can.


2. The meaning of cheating is something else.

Vinit Nair   20 April 2018

1. You can.

2. IPC section 420 cheating is a different meaning. Therefore in your case Cheating under IPC cannot be alleged or filed.
1 Like

Aravind Kumar Gunda (BOE)     20 April 2018

Thank you for your response!

What about Section 415 and 417 IPC? then how could I get justice to my suffer, pain, loss and depression? what about breach of trust, false promises, deceiving me etc and how do they work in IPC sections?


Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     21 April 2018

Yes, you have grounds to file defamation case.

Your definition of cheating and definition under IPC section 420 are distant.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query