LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SOBERDAADA (teacher)     30 April 2012

Cheating by shopowner

i BOUGHT AN EXERCISER EQUIPMENT FROM LUCKNOW THAT DOCTOR RECOMMENDED ME FOR MY HIP PAIN.i LIVE 130 KM AWAY FROM LUCKNOW .sHOPOWNER GAVE ME BILL OF 2000/ THE COST OF THE EQUIPMENT .THE EXERCISER ,HE SAID WILL DESPATCH THRU TRANSPORT. AND JUST WROTE THE PHONE NUMBER OF THE TRANSPORT COMPANY. NOW 10 DAYS HAVE PASSED NEITHER HE SHIPPED THE EXERCISER NOR HE RESPONDS TO MY PHONE CALL.HE DISCONNECTS MY PHONE WHEN EVER I RING HIM.I AM ALSO A SENIOR CITIZEN.I CANT RUN FOR LUCKNOW SO FREQUENTLY NOR IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GO COURT FOR 2000/ I AM ALSO NOT BEEN ANLE TO WORKOUT AND MY HEALTH IS SUFFERING.PL SUGGEST ME HOW AND WHAT SHOULD I DO TO BRING THIS EXERCISER HERE.THIS IS EVIDENT THAT SHOPOWNER IS CHETER,420 AND DEFYING.PL SUGGEST I AM IN HARD TIMES.THANKS

Learning

4 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     30 April 2012

At times one has to face tough situations and you are in one,be bold,send a registered notice to the shop keeper, giving therein your intention to move consumer court in case the exerciser purchased do not reaches you within 15 days time.In the meantime be prepared to move cosumer court. It may not be that difficult as it appears.Best wishes.

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     30 April 2012

Approach the police station and file a complaint for fraud and cheating.  Being a senior citizen will be an advantage.

The shop will definitely answer when the police call him. This will be the most effective remedy.

Ranee....... (NA)     09 October 2012

Yes, I agree with both the replies.It is better to go for reputed/branded stores while buying things in this way.

KISHAN PRATAP SINGH DEORA (Specialization- Criminal Matters 138 Negotiable Instruments Act Property Law Matrimonial Disputes Societies Trusts & NGOs Registration etc. )     10 October 2012

Sir there are multiple ways to tackle such a situation. I am suggesting you some practical options presuming that you do not possess any legal knowledge :-

Sir First of all give them a call threatening to file a consumer complaint. his is the quickest remedy as mostly they get scared but if they do not pay any heed than Secondly, contact any Lucknow based Lawyer practicing in Consumer matters. (Remember don't pay him any fee but promise to give him percentage out of the award. This would save your money and make him work hard.) When your Lawyer sends him Notice he would probably solve your problem. Otherwise you do have strong grounds and would most certainly win good award in the District Consumer Forum. If you do not want to spend money on Lawyer then Thirdly, go on to akosha.com this a consumer helping website they charge nominal amount which ranges from Rs. 500 to 3,000 they will do all the talking on your behalf and would even draft your complaint if you wish...

Best of Luck,

Adv. K. P. Singh Deora

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register