Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhishek (Sr.Engineer)     26 March 2010

cheating by a builder

Dear All

i had given a contract to a builder to construct a shed in an industrial zone. the builder spoke high about his expertise in this sector and was awarded the contract. the agreement was made and the work started. after few months of construction work he demanded money which was not due to him (as per the contract) and threatened to stop work or else pay. i wanted the work to get over as my business would be else affected. i agreed to pay hima cheque with a condition that he should complete the work as per the agreement and only then withdraw the money.(assuarance given in writing) he diverted from work and deposited the cheque on its due date. now he puts a cheque bouncing case on me and also threatens me that he will not allow any one else to work on the site. the police refuse to register a FIR as they state that this is a civil matter. they miss that he is not only threatening me but also causing financial losses, falsely implicating me, cheating me, etc. 

kindly suggest that how can i get the police to register a FIR and force this cntractor to carry out the work

Learning

1 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     27 March 2010

hi abhishek , first he not a builder but civil contracter , these people all of them have same mentality. u being new in industry u should learn to bear with htem. going to police wont help. be brave youerself take help of senior enterpreuners. take meeting with contracter finalise the bill takeback cheque. these type u will get evevrywhere in industrial area. learn how to deal with them. how many times u will go to police station and court.it will demolarise u.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register