LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Manager)     13 October 2021


Sir, My girlfriend who have no source of income has taken Rs 20 Lakh from me through account transfer (NEFT) for purchase of a house in her name.I have documentary evidence from my bank statement. Also I have spent another 5 Lakhs by cash for docoration of the house after purchase. Now she refused to maintain relationships and marrying me. Can I lodge 406 IPC and 420 IPC in local PS stating that she has taken the money as loan and refusing to refund ? Can police directly arrest her without any permission from court ? Surely she couldn't refund the money. Can I claim to transfer the property to me ?


 7 Replies

Adv Neeraj Kumar   13 October 2021

Yes you can claim even you can ask for the ownership in the said house contact for more information Adv N K Sharma 8826275476

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 October 2021

The same query was put in the experts' forum.  Why repeated?

Suraj Kumar (Manager)     13 October 2021

I am under tension

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     13 October 2021

420 and money suit is maintainable.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     14 October 2021

Do not pass on your tension to the experts who have already obliged you. It is absurd and ridiculous to repeat same story time and again.

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for professional advise and necessary proceeding.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 October 2021

First, make the transaction legal by obtaining proper valid document from her and proceed legally forgetting the past affair as dirt that can be washed with a Dettol soap.  Contact local advocate.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2021

My suggestion already posted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query