Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ram (manager)     22 August 2013

Cheated by not telling as she is adopted girl

Hi Frds,

I got married in 2010. It's started with normal fights.....but now the girl is torturing me..

I came to know  one shocking news like she is a adopted girl by my  inlaws.. But they did not told us at the time of engagement or marriage. I got this proposal thru one my friend. when I know this thing i cant take the step back because already  she  delivered a baby...

my inlaws legally not adopted this girl....finally i felt like  married an orphan girl..on top of it...she kept entire my family out ...she dont like  anybody coming from my home.....

Now i am in dailemma wt to do ..

But I cant do anything now, as baby life will spoil ..so I just want to know....If i want to proceed legally how can i show that these people are cheated me...

Thanks in advance

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     22 August 2013

You won't succeed in securing conviction against any of person you feel responsible for bringing the proposal. So, instead of further spoiling the relationship with your wife by indulging into needless litigations, take the help of some marriage councellor and try to bring more understanding in the relationship, so that your wife will also change her adamant nature.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2013

Ms Archana is correct in her view and I fully endorse.

as long as the girl does not belong to other religion you are not cheated. HMA does not promote castistm.

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     22 August 2013

You should be proud of your in-laws and emualte their good nature.  They have adopted a girl child and bought  her up  with so much  of love and care that they did not think it worthy of telling that she is not their natural born. Even presuming that you have married an orphan, so what.  Unless you are angling at your in-law's properties and that your wife will not get any share in it, you should not be having any grouse on that score either. From what you say it appears that your problem lies else where.  The suggestion given Ms Archana, to say the least,  is most sympathetic.  Please do it and  have a positive attitude in life.  

Hi 

I too agree with Archana's opinion....but day by day my wife's behaviour changing ....her anger(its not anger..just to scare me) going day by day too much....she is broking lot of things which i bought to home...for ex:my iphone....home theater..Fridge....I did not finding any change from past 3 yrs....reason for all these . i have to  give  my salary to her .....then she will run the show with their parents...I am happy if she run individually my family...but it will go to her mother....my month-in-law wants to control me in all the ways(her mother is a greedy woman) ...I did not took any dowry also...i dont want either...in money wise i have enough financial resources to spend my family happily... ....i dont want their proerties too...( here i would like to mention one more quesiton- Is it possible to give any affidavit like i dont want their properties in future also. Please let me know) Why i am raising this bcz after some yrs definitely they will file a dowry harassment or 498 on me ....to bend my neck..I am sure about it....bcz i can see their stratagies from past 3 yrs one by one....

Past 3 yrs I tried alot to change her...but no luck...

One more important thing is -  personally I would like to ask , if anyone accepts an orphan girl to marry? as I am  very much settled NRI....is it really accepptable their parents  mistake with heart  by not telling truth...on top of it they are playing a drama everyday? They cheated me literally ....

I too proud when someone marries girl like this..but any of you accepts same proposal to your son or to ur brother ?

Pls try to understand....think as ur in my place

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2013

from your arguments it appears that you are more concerned about her being orphan and not carrying heavy gotra.  You are apparently imagining everything on her part to be wrong.

better think positive.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register