LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita kanojia   30 September 2023

Cheated by builder

I bought 1 bhk flat in karla near lonavala. Now 3 years are passed. Still the project is incomplete. Also there is leakage problem in the building, cracks on the wall.

 I complained to the builder but till date the iproblem is not solved. Registration of the flats is also canceled. Now the builder is telling me to give Rs.50000/- to wards grampanchayat registration. But I had already given him registration fee. Now he is telling me that I have to pay grampanchayat tax but I will not be the owner of the flat. Pls help me what to do now


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2023

What is the gram panchayat doing with the registration of properties.

It will be registered only by the registration department and not by village panchayats. 

You consult a local advocate in person and proceed legally on the subject instead of getting scared about the builder's threats.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     01 October 2023

Grampanchayat don't have jurisdiction for registration. You better serve a legal notice and then file consumer case.

Vishal, Adv-Supreme Court (Advocate Whatsapp 9717985984)     01 October 2023

Send a legal notice seeking the remedies you want through an advocate. If he doesnt comply with demands of the notice then file a case before district consumer forum.

You may also parallely initiale a criminal case agaisnt builder 

For more detailed advice contact Adv Vishal Garg @ 9717985984

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     02 October 2023

The builder is extorting extra money in the name of registration of the property with Gram Panchayat, which (panchayat) has no authority to register any property.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of fact/documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register