LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed afroze ali   29 December 2021

Cheated by builder.

I constructed a compound wall and gate pillers.I have given it to builder on an agreement of 51000 Rupees He used very low quality material and constructed with 20000 rupees,
I paid 40000 rupees and somepart of work is remaining by builder. he is demanding remaining 11000 rupees. I told that I will not pay u the remaining amount and don't want your pending work.

Then he is torturing us to pay the remaining amount and he is demanding to give the remaining amount.

can I give a police complaint on Builder or can we go legally for what he is torturing.


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     30 December 2021

Facts posted by you for not constitute any offence cheating so police will not entertain your complaint.Better settle the matter amicably.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 December 2021

You can send a legal notice to the builder if agreement terms violates


Kawmini Liyanage   30 December 2021


If the agreement is in writing, for the violation of the agreement, a case can be filed. but prior to such action, written notice in the format of a letter of demand should be sent to such person. and in the letter, harassment can also be mentioned. 

If the harassment/ torture keeps continuing, a complaint at the nearest police station can be lodged. under Section 294 of Indian Penal Code

Section 294 

If a person does an obscene act in public, recites, or utters obscene words to annoy and torture, a person in public, is punishable under the law. The offender would be booked under section 294 of the Indian Penal Code and would be liable for imprisonment up to three years or with a fine or both.


Kawmini Liyanage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query