LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RMV SRIDHAR   03 February 2022

Cheated

My grandmother has a housing property my Uncle got married to transfer his property to hid wife ( Aunt ) Without knowing my Mother My grandmother has 5 Children's 2 gents 3 ladies 4 of them accepted 1 my mother without knowing her they have transferred entire property to her ( Aunty whom my uncle got married Will my mother have right to send a legal notice

Learning

3 Replies

PALLABH HALDAR   03 February 2022

Absolutely 

Send a Legal Notice and wait for reply.

Then file a Civil Suit.

Need to get some information about your case as certain things are not clear.

Regards

Advocate Pallabh Haldar

Aryan Raj   03 February 2022

In response to your query,

If it's your grandmother's property and she hasn't made any will or she is yet to decide on whom to transfer the property then instead of your mother I would suggest you to file a civil suit against your uncle as your grandmother's property is an ancestral property for you and you have rights over that. 

For your mother to claim the property there has to be a gift deed. A gift can be made when a parent transfers immovable property to their child. A registered document (gift deed) signed by the individual gifting the property is required by the Transfer of Property Act for the transfer of a house property as a gift.

And also you will have to show that the property hasn't been transferred to your aunt by your grandmother willfully. 

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 February 2022

Vague and confusing facts.

Be clear whether / how the property was owned by your grandmother and who are her legal representatives ?

How does your uncle transfer in the name of his wife ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register