LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Chargesheet filing not received?

I have not received CS Yet . My IO Said he filed CS in Court.

How to know Whether he filed it or not?

Its been 5 weeks since he told me that he filed CS in court. 

Why i havent recieved CS so far?

What might be the reason? Any Clues 

Please Advice.....

 7 Replies

rajendra (na)     29 July 2014

Did u got summons to attend the court after filing charge sheet?

once u attend the first hearing after receiving summons and charge sheet copy will be given to all the accused..

After filing chargesheet CC number need to be given...soemtime this may come in few days and sometimes this will take a month time too..

However if you know which court your case will come and you can send your lawyer to get the charge sheet copy by paying x amount to clerk...I got my charge sheet copy by like this and on the first hearing i got original one...

if you can give me your details i will trace whether charge sheet filed or not(maximum i can try)

Please send a personal message with the details

your full name:

PS name:

court name:

FIR number:

state and district

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 July 2014

Don't worry, you would get summons from court to attend the court, where you would be given the copy of the Chargesheet.


There can be much delay between filing of CS by IO and its acceptance by court.




Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.


acceptance by court. 

Means? CS filed by IO is not accepted by Court. Could u please explain?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     30 July 2014

Who are you? victim or accused?

if victim then the court is not bound to provide copy of CS to you if accused then after taking cognizance on CS the court issue summon to you and supply CS with all documents at the time of your appearence. if you are willing to get CS before that then file an application for certified copies and get all documents.

Feel Free to Call

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 August 2014

When the CS is filed by the IO it is to be forwarded to the Public Prosecutor for acceptance. Sometimes, Public Prosecutor advises not to accept the CS, but ask for more investigation/ material.


That may take time.




Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.


1.More Investigation / Material to be needed ? if they havent find any material at all. What happens? In my case they falsely claimed that they have given dowry. 

2. How long it will take ? how we will know that PP has advised for more investigation. Is it just oral or documentary advise?

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     01 August 2014

Please see my each posts carefully. You will get the answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query