LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sony (H)     21 April 2023

Charge sheet issue

I Filed 498 case against my husband and ln-laws, my husband maintained the police, Charge sheet are not written by police till now 90 days completed. we asked multiple times but police people not responded. What should I do ?

If charge sheet is not filed with in 90 days what will happen to register FIR? Can I reopen FIR again through court directly?

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 April 2023

It could be that after the investigation, the police would have found no evidence  to substantiate the allegations. Any how you can take up matter with the superior officers or the jurisdictional court or the High Court. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2023

The police will take time to  file the charge sheet.

They may waiting for the investigation to be completed by the investigating officer, hence the delay occured.

You can approach senior policer or the commissioner of police if you suspect any foul play being played by the local police.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 April 2023

After the FIR has been registered it is discretion of investigating agency to file charge sheet, where no time limit is prescribed.

However, when charge sheet is not submitted after 90 days and accused is/are in judicial custody, shall be entitled for statutory bail. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2023

accused will get bail in such case if they are already in jail

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register