LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CPU (Engineer)     10 October 2013

Changing school of kid, while living separately

Presently i m living separately from my husband, along with my 4 yrs old daughter. She is studying in jr. kg now. I wish to change her school from next academic year, nearby to my present address. The fees will solely be paid by me only. My query is, if I change school of my daughter, without informing to husband, will he be able to get any legal support against ths?

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Presently i m living separately from my husband, along with my 4 yrs old daughter. She is studying in jr. kg now. I wish to change her school from next academic year, nearby to my present address. 

Opinion: If you have the legal custody order through GWA then no issue just carry on.......

but if you are holding the child for just on temporary basis and any interim for child maintenance has been ordered then he can make an issue for this.

The fees will solely be paid by me only. My query is, if I change school of my daughter, without informing to husband, will he be able to get any legal support against ths?

Opinion: Same as above.

But,

If no maintenance is given by him and the child is looked by you and you are carrying all the expenses of your child then also you can proceed further.His arguement will not carry any weigtage on this matter.

(Guest)

@ sufferer..

What is mean by legal custody? How it is different from physical custody?

What r the parameters involved in legal custody ? Can father claim for at least 50% legal custody ?(He is regular contributor of child support)

under which section?

Thanks

CPU (Engineer)     11 October 2013

@Sufferer,

till date, I havent followed any legal procedure, nothing abt interim maintenance

(Guest)

If your husband is not paying the child maintenance and whole and sole you are only holding the physical custody of child as well as his maintenance , without his any interferences or any custody issue through court then you can change his school according to your wish and convenience . But here point to be noted that don't ever do such act's which later on counter by him that the previous act was not according to welfare of the child. Hence, in short and sweet i want to tell you that alway's do such activities which is alway's in the interest of your child,so,that in future your weightage on child custody will be immense and he can't challenge you.

(Guest)

(reposted same as above due to technical fault)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register