LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep (Student)     08 July 2014

Change of surname in school certificate

Hello Sir  My name is Sanddep Thakur . I my all school documents it is written as Sandeep Kumar But on my collage certificate,Bank account, also on my adhaar card it is written as Sandeep Thakur .Sir I want to change my sir surname  in my 10th and 12th certificate. I also have contacted to Himachal School Education Board but they are saying that you cant change your surname .There is no such rule under which you can change your surname .This my Final year of my graduation I want to do job in Banking sector but I am having fear that they will reject me because of my surname problem.Sir I want to mke it Sandeep Thakur in every document so please help me sir.......I hope you will give me a positive suggestion........

please help me sir

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 July 2014

You cannot change the name in the school or any other educational certificates instead you can apply for change of name through government gazette publication and attach a copy to your certificates stating that your name stands changed to new name with effect from the date if its publication in the gazette.  This will suffice your requirement.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     09 July 2014

It is a long procedure to change the surname.  I cannot explain you in this site. contact me ravinder2345@gmail.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register