Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkateswarlu (Student)     27 May 2014

Change of dob in ssc certificate

Hi Sir,

I completed my SSC in 2005. As my school(vignan) was not recognized by then, I wrote my exams under some other school(sai brahma). But due to some mistake from our school staff, they sent wrong DOB to other school and the same DOB carried into my SSC certificate too. I wasn't much aware of it and also didn't know the way how to change it even after i came to know about it at that time, as we are from a small village. Now I am doing my MBA from IIM Lucknow and needs to get it it corrected for my passport. As My actual DOB is 22 July 1990 and in certificate it is 12 April 1989, I will be losing around 15 months, which might cause difficulty when I write my civils exam, for which the cutoff age is only 30. But I have a Birth certificate proof issued by our municipal authorities with original DOB.

So can you please help me in how to get it corrected. Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 May 2014

Apply for correction of dob.  in govt. press, gazette department  in your state capital with your birth certificate as one of the enclosures. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 May 2014

Date of birth can be corrected only by an order of the court upon the declaratory suit filed before it for the purpose.  Any other changes can be effected through gazette publication. Consult a local lawyer and proceed accordingly.

nagarjuna (software Engineer)     05 July 2014

sir in my ssc dob is 10-june-1999 and In DOB certificate 10-june-1997 ,now what shold i do ,..........?

int this switchation  every one follows 10th DOB but i need DOB certificate date on ssc(i.e.,10-june-1997)

because i need age above 18 to apply abroad visa processing,....so i want 10-june-1997 dob in my SSC certifcate ...what should i do can any one tell me the procedure.......

I have original DOB certifcate with 10-june-1997

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2014

My opinion to the previous querist stands good for your case too, you may consult a local lawyer and process the issue through a court of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register