Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alismita Gogoi (student)     03 January 2015

Change name problem

Hi sir,i am alismita name in ssc certificate is"gogoi alismita pranjal gogoi"(including father name) and my name in voter card ,pan card is" gogoi alismita" ...i have change my name through gazette notification to"gogoi alismita"....i want to apply for gov. job where they are asking name as per ssc marksheet......which name should i put it? as i have not change my name in ssc marksheet..kindly plz reply

 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     03 January 2015

Now your name has   been  changed to "Gogoi Alismita" for all purposes, get it changed in yoour SSC Certificate as well and apply with new name.

1 Like

Alismita Gogoi (student)     03 January 2015

And sir if i have already applied for the post with my new name "Gogoi Alismita"...And it will take time to change in SSC certificate....So if i will attached the gazette notification along with..then it will work or not??

Alismita Gogoi (student)     03 January 2015

And it is a hectic time consuming process to change name in educational i wnt to ask whether it will work or not without changing my name in educational certificate, if i am going to attach the gazette notification along with....And thanks for the reply sir

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     03 January 2015

Yes, it may take some time to change your name in SSC certificate.  You apply for govt job by attaching Gazette Notification.  You have to give declaration through an affidavit to your employer stating that your name has been changed and your new name is so and so. 

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 January 2015

You can apply for a job in the changed name itself because that is what is your present name.  A copy of the gazette duly attested by a notary public may be attached with the application indicating that your name was duly changed from the previous one to the present one.  This will take care of all other issues. You do not have to go for change of name in the SSC certificate because the authorities will not oblige to carry out the change the same at this stage.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query