Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaan M   22 April 2023

Change dob in passport

Hello Sir/Madam,

I kindly request some guidance or assistance with the trouble I'm facing with passport details correction.

I need to change the Month of Birth in my passport to match my Birth Certificate, Aadhar, PAN Card, and Driving License. However, I have an incorrect Month of Birth in my SSLC[10th] & HSC [12th] Marksheet. My Parents got me my first passport when I was a kid and got that renewed with the old DOB certificate which was handwritten and had a mistake in it.

Now I have got all my other Documents aligned to the correct DOB i.e, the Correct month mentioned in my DOB. But I'm unable to get that changed in my passport. When I tried, They are asking me to go back and get the old birth certificate canceled, So I went and checked in the local panchayat office, They told me that Birth Certificate is digitalized and the Passport office should take the digital copy which can be verified and does not go with the handwritten one which is 36 yrs old.

Could someone guide me on how to get my month of birth changed in my passport?

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2023

basically it is query on procedure.

did you contact passport office for the procedure

why your parents gave wrong date of birth

in how many places they gave wrong DOB

what benefits you couldderive from wrong DOB

what did you not stick to the same DOB

what benefits you could have from new DOB.

Shaan M   26 April 2023

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your time to respond to my query, 

Please find the answers below for the query : 

did you contact passport office for the procedure   :

Yes, I did, they asked me to go back to the town panchayat and get the old DOB cancelled, But the old one was a handwritted 35 years ago, when I enquired in the Town panchayat office, they informed that we can download the certificate from website and that is the one to be considered any further and I an trash the old handwritten .[ the old handwritten and the new digital birth certificate has the same serial number, however the month of the DOB is not clear in the handwritten which is taken incorrectly in passport and my SSLC, HSC Certificate]

why your parents gave wrong date of birth :

I'm not sure about this and I didnot realize that this would be an issue until I started working and get my Aadhar, PAN, LIcense, Voter ID, Insurance and stuffs like that which makes the DOB mandatory. All these records has the correct Month of Birth as in the Birth Certificate

in how many places they gave wrong DOB :

For now , its my SSLC, HSC Education certificate and Passport has the incorrect month of birth.

what benefits you could derive from wrong DOB ;

I dont think It was done purposefully looking any benefit as I didnot get any as such. Those days I think it was difficult to go back and change so they left it that way.

what did you not stick to the same DOB

I wanted to stick with the correct DOB sir, the Date and the year is correct, The Month is incorrect.

what benefits you could have from new DOB. 

Its the correct DOB sir, not looking for any specific benefits out of it. to be honest. I just want all my records straight with accurate info.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 April 2023

Other than altruism, is there any other objective in this pursuit after the procedures?

Shaan M   27 April 2023

Objective is to ensure that I have all records straight as to ensure when there is any need to travel officially, this should not be a problem that I have to run around in last minute. 

Just dont want to leave it further and turn around to it in the last moment and struggle to get all records straight with valid data.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 April 2023

If the issue unable to be resolved through official procedures, the only option is inapproaching the High Court through a Writ Petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register