LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajana Laxmana Rao (student)     21 March 2012

Change date in date of birth certificate

hi sir,


  This is laxman, my date of birth is 20 oct 1989 and it was registered at my local panchayathi office but at my school days date of birth was adjusted as 20 aug 1990 and now it is continueing in all my educational certificates and identity proofs(pan card, e.t.c) . Now im applying for passport, so date of birth certificate is essential. but the local panchayathi office giving date of birth certificate with original date. now what i have to do? im kindly requesting you to give your valuable suggestions and ideas...

if there is any chance to change my date of birth certificate then how can i change and what is the procedure..


thanking you for your consideration...





 17 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     22 March 2012

where are you from ? 

best way to give affidavit and Gazette publication, its enough.


Dear Laxmana

If you have passed 10th /Matriculation class- Than said  written D.O.B will be used by you. Its difficult to change.




dear Laxaman In this situation to change the DOB is long procedure. So only on affidavit its cants change, disclose have you passed 10th.  If yes. than above said.

SURAJ KUMAR (STUDENT)     23 March 2012

hlo ,

      i am facing a lot of problem bcz my ..D.O.B (30/11/1990) in birth cetificate not matching to my aal other valuable documents as(30/11/1992)

also same in case of name name also different in both ......

and i need it for passport as i am able to go ....UK for ma post graduation course

am from district - bhiwani


plz.......tell me how to work on that .......


Rajana Laxmana Rao (student)     26 March 2012

hi sir..

Greetings of the day!

I'm from visakhapatnam, what is the procedure to change the date in D.O.B. what is meant by gazette publication, to whom i have to give that.

thanking u sir



saravanakumar (Lawyer)     30 March 2012

Please check state goverment website you will get details of gazette publication





saikiran (Student)     29 June 2012

Hi sir..

I am from i am facing problem in date of birth i need your suggestions please. My question is 

my dob is 14/10/1990 which i entered in all my study certificates.but when i checked my birth certificate it was 

15/10/ i need ur suggestions how to change my date in date of birth certifictae.


   so,kindly give your valuable suggestions by which iam unabe to get passport.


Dear Saikiran If you entered right DOB in the examinatin form than its mistake of appropriate authority. You have to inform your college/school regarding this. School authority will send back your certificate with report and said authority will check the record and issue new certificate with correct DOB.

vinod (stnt)     08 July 2012


my name is VINOD L . i am 20yrs old,i was born in GULBARGA .but i lives in BANGLORE. and my date of birth is 21/01/ per my secondary school certificate. but i want to apply for the passport. they told that they want the birth certificate compulsory for the people who  born above 1989.. but i don't have any birth certificate. i am currently doing engineering and my college has taken all the original documents(SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE). and i dont have that  too now.. but they have given a BONAFIDE certificate saying that he is studying in our coll. and we have all the original documents..and on the photocopy they have attested from the priciple our coll. and i have that now.. but i have ADHAR CARD now... PLS TELL ME I AM ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE PASSPORT.. AND WHAT TO DO FOR THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE PLS REPLY ME ASPS!!!!!


As per date of birth 20/1/1990 your age is 20 years, You are major not minor.

Major can apply for passport on his education documents basic.

But if made any amendment that birth certificate is compulsorry who born after 1989.

Than you have to appliy birth & death office of your native place if you living in city. OR if you living in rural than apply to SDM of your city with notary affidavit.

Authority call the report and issue your certificate of DOB. It will takes almost 20 days time period.

saikiran (Student)     20 July 2012

sir, actually i was born in midnight around 11.55 pm on 14/10/ parents unknowingly entered my date of birth as 14/10/1990 in my school certificates which is now actually continuing in my certificates.but in my birth certificate it was 15/10/ can i change date of birth now to obtain passport.


i completed all my education(till graduation) in HYDERABAD.

if i have any chance of changing date of birth please tell me procedure.& whether i should obtain my new dob certificate from my home town or presently living city.




Dear All

If got education certificate recently than you have to furnish Edu. documents with affidavit to the appropriate authority.

He will change which you desire.

But after this you cant change your DOB.

IN this situation you can only change your name.

For change the name_ publish in news paper and made change in PAN, Bank , and others places.

Vikas Jadhav (Software Consultant)     12 March 2013

Dear Sir,

My name is Vikas Jadhav. I want to ask one thing is that,

Is the DOB gazette is valid document for fresh passport ?

because all my current documents have one date and DOB certificate have another date.

So please let me know, the DOB gazette is valid for fresh passport.



Vikas Jadhav.

sahil mehra (Team lead)     17 November 2013

Hi Boss,


My self sahil mehra . there is  issue in my DOB certificate , My actual date of birth is 25.11.1989. on my all documents . Now i wanna apply for  passport. But they require birth certificate . but on my Brth certificate it shows 25.1.1990. Please suggest me how can i change my DOB from Dob certificate ,


Please also suggest if DOB change not possible than how can i apply for passport with DOB. I am from punjab




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register