LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya Gupta   12 October 2023

Change back name and reverse my adoption by my step father

I was adopted by my step father and my name was changed without my consent. I was 10-11 years old. I don't wish to be associated with him, it's a non existant relationship so I wish to use my late biological father's name as fathers name and change back my name. It is a very wierd situation for me. Is it even worth to get through all these processes again? 

Learning

7 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     12 October 2023

You want to change is educational crtificates or in other identitity rellated docs, like passport or aadhaar etc?

Divya Gupta   12 October 2023

I want to change it everywhere because I will be applying for Masters abroad. Passport, 10th and 12th Certificates, Adhaar, Pan Card, Degree, Marks transcriptts from college. Identity documents will not be a problem I think, but I am not sure about my school and college certificates. 

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     13 October 2023

You will have to file a declaratory suit before jurisdictional civil court.

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for apprecition of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding

1 Like

Divya Gupta   13 October 2023

If I just want to use my biological father's name instead of step fathers everywhere, can I do that myself without involving court?I have birth certificate with older name and dad's name, and my name change affidavit + newspaper notification. 

I have no issues with going to the court, I only can't involve my step father in the process. That's not a good idea.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 October 2023

SInce you are major now and you can refuse to adoption and revert your real parental name. IF you have already Birth certificate with your real fathers name you need to get declaration decree from court for reverting your parental name.

Divya Gupta   13 October 2023

My name change wasn't published in Gazette, what does this mean? 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2023

Adotion cannot be resersed.  yet you can try suit for declaration as advised by Dr vashsta

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register