Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajinkya Lad   03 June 2023

chamber name

can i name my office as a " chamber of advocate Ajinkya(name)"
my office is in a commercial building shop.

Learning

4 Replies

Niharika Lohan   04 June 2023

Hi Ajinkya, I'm Adv. Niharika.

I would like to tell you that there is a differnce between two generally synonmously used words which are, "lawyer" and "advocate". you can be calling yourself a lawyer, right after completing the three/five year law course. However for using the title of Advocate, you must register yourself with a State Bar, for e.g., Bar Council of Delhi, if you are from Delhi or wants to practise there.

So, i suggest that you get your registration done (incase it has not been done yet) and then you can without any hesitation use "Advocate" with your name in your Chamber/Office.

To know about the process of registration or any other details, you can contact me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2023

You can have your own office in whatever name you may choose but  you should ensureit should not be contradictory to the prevailing law or circumstnces. 

A law firm name gives potential clients a first impression of the business, and it also plays a key role in your law firm’s brand and marketing strategy. In addition, it can play a significant role in determining how easily prospects and clients remember your law firm. 

From my view, the name suggested by you does not have any infirmity.

1 Like

Ajinkya Lad   05 June 2023

okay thankyou

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2023

You are welcome for your appreciations 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register