LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Tandel   17 March 2020

Cctv installation

Housing society Cctv budget has been passed in committe meeting after theft in society, is it as per by laws

Learning

7 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 March 2020

Check with the bye laws of your society, and if the decision is taken under the approved constituted committee,then they can do so and that is for your own saftey,

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 March 2020

Refer your society bye - laws. Model Bye-laws are rules formed by societies to self-regulate their activities and to control the actions of its members. These bye-laws are provided and approved by higher authorities (government bodies, legislative authorities)

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 March 2020

You can not find any such information in Bye-Laws but urgent and necessary requirement for the safety and security of memebrs/ residents.

Nothing illegal or invalid issue, if approved in AGM.

Manoj Tandel   19 March 2020

Hi sir, CCTV installation resolutions was passed in urgent executive committee meeting since there was theft in society and Fir was launched.. Is such resolutions valid.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     19 March 2020

That is for your sfety,even if you go to any court of law they will down your apprehensions and would give NOD to this act. I don't understand why you scared of your scoiety being moniteered..

Manoj Tandel   19 March 2020

Dear sir.. I am not afraid of scared of things.. But to elaborate.. Same people who passed the resolution in executive committee after twice theft incident in society, are demanding backdated AGM to get the budget approved ,which I feel is not necessary since we had Police Fir loged for theft... But some members who are not involved in committee are creating rules for same... My opinion is.. Committee has rights to passed emergency resolution for safety of member of society if there is some unwanted incident happened ..i just want to get some clarity.. Will there be any legal issues for this resolution passed byexecutive committee ???

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2020

The resolution has been passed by the association  by the majority of members.

Also this resolution was passed subsequent to the recent theft in order to prevent such things in future, i.e., a welfare measure for all the members in general.

Since it was passed by a resolution you cannot question the legality or validity of the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register