LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chary poorna   06 August 2020

causing trouble while construction

while am constructing new house neighbors are threatening us not to put any Windows on our side but am doing it in my side/my plot only is there any legal issue with that and he is also saying that not even a single drop should fall on my side I already assure him him that any damage I will repair but he is threatening labours
help me to resolve this issue

Learning

3 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     06 August 2020

Do you have all permissions from the concerned authorities if yes you can approach the jurisdictional civil court to bring " not to interfere" order  against your neighbor which is granted as an injunction. Once you get the order your neighbor will not disturb you till the completion of the work.This kind of order recently helped a person in our locality who had a similar problem of your kind..

But  before going to court you may  warn him that you will be approaching the court if he creates troubles.  Also call the elders in the society and escalate the issue.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 August 2020

File police complaint if your neighbour is creating any such problem or obstructing construction work.

Which side you are putting window and how does it affect right of your neighbour is to be ascertained, analysed and opined only after inspection of the site and not through this platform.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2020

The neighbour cannot put up such an obstruction unless there is a clear and certain possibility of the construction causing inconvenience or injury to him. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register