LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani Iyer   02 January 2019

Caught while drinking in a public place

I'm 20 years old and was caught drinking at a public place in Delhi. Upon testing with the breath analyzer the test showed 9mg respectively. I've been called to court on 8th this month and i seek advice on how to proceed with this situation. How much am I going to be fined? Should i hire a local advocate for this? If i hire the advocate then is my presence really required at the court? As i have my college going on i really am trying all possible ways here to avoid going to court. Is that possible in any way.? Please urge in this situation wit me as fast as possible. Thank you.

Learning

5 Replies

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     02 January 2019

Yes, it is felt advisable for you to consult a local Lawyer to defend you in the Court. However, being a student it was quite improper on your part to indulge into drinking, that too at a public place! Hope, you will learn a lesson from this incident and mend your ways.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     02 January 2019

Yes, it is felt advisable for you to consult a local Lawyer to defend you in the Court. However, being a student it was quite improper on your part to indulge into drinking, that too at a public place! Hope, you will learn a lesson from this incident and mend your ways.

Shashi Dhara   02 January 2019

U accept it in court and apologise .as Ur student it may mercy and nominal fine may be imposed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 January 2019

Which of the 6 District Courts you are being summoned ?

Right now are you on police bail ?

Prima faice it is an academic qestion paper, however, what are the specific allegations / sections where you have been booked, if there is some truth in your query ?

Mani Iyer   03 January 2019

@Dr J C vashista. Sir I'm being summoned at the rohini court in madhuban chowk Delhi. On 31st my friend bailed me out and the date for court has been come to 8th of January. I've been booked under the circumstance of drinking in a public place and i need help with the situation asap.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register