Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     29 June 2011

Caste and racism

Orissa Puri Temple Puts a sign board restricting dalits to enter temple

stop at this point. "Harijans can pray from here

Last year in august three schoolgirls entered the shrine to offer Prasad to the Goddess kali an icon of empowerment and Shakti.

After this incident warning sign was put up it reads as follows.

A board outside a temple for the Goddess Kali orders Dalits to stop at this point. "Harijans can pray from here,"

The caretaker of the temple in Orissa's Puri district said that "Our fathers did not allow harijans to step inside the temple, and we will also bar their entry.

We will die rather than let it happen."

It is against tradition.

Chandana Bhoi is one of the young girls who visited the Goddess, triggering a vengeful response. "There should be no discrimination.

We can do the same work as the upper-castes," she says. "We pray to the same Gods, so why are we treated so badly?

Ranapada is home to 80 Dalit families who earn their living as sharecroppers. But since the temple controversy last year, they have been given no work. Upper caste leaders from surrounding villages decided to teach them a lesson. Landlords in the area took back the land given for cultivation to the Dalits.

But the board outside the temple proves that there is little political will in undoing the wrongs inflicted here - or in challenging archaic and illegal conventions rooted in the

caste system. A young couple in their wedding finery crouches outside the temple, seeking the Goddess' blessings, forbidden from drawing any closer. Nobody blinks.

After NDTV showed this story Central government of India has asked the Orissa government to provide more information on why this was not stopped.

Again this proves that caste system in India is same like Racism.

International community should wake up and declare it as the racism Indian style.

What government of Orissa should do in this case?

If the board is their the government should declare the Dalit person as the caretaker of the temple for next 100 years.

If Orissa government fails to do so then one should understand that government want to follow the age old bad traditions and customs to win and get the votes and divide the communities on the name of religion and caste.

In this case do you think that Any person will go to Jail?

The dalits will get compensation for harassment?

Damages for insulting them

Learning

4 Replies

Dipangkar (Business)     29 June 2011

The day when Peoples will realise that, they are only a small species of creation known as Homo-Sapien, ,,,

........ the day when they will Blast off all the religious Temples, Mosques, Maszids, Churches etc,,, 

.... ... the day when they will burn down all religious books of every Religion without any Counter-reasonings,,

............. will be the day when there will be Peace on Earth.

Amit Parmar (Junior Lawyer)     30 June 2011

Yes Mr. Dipangkar

I am shocked that we are in the 21th Century ?  This is not an insult or discriminating any caste but it is unfortunate for Humanity ........

Disgusting .....

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     30 June 2011

You are right Amit.

(Guest)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalit_Buddhist_movement

Babasaheb Ambedkar prescribed 22 vows to his followers:

1.  I shall have no faith in Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara nor shall I worship them.

2.  I shall have no faith in Rama and Krishna who are believed to be incarnation of God nor shall I worship them.

3.  I shall have no faith in Gauri, Ganapati and other gods and goddesses of Hindus nor shall I worship them.

4.  I do not believe in the incarnation of God.

5.  I do not and shall not believe that Lord Buddha was the incarnation of Vishnu. I believe this to be sheer madness and false propaganda.

6.  I shall not perform Shraddha nor shall I give pind-dan.

7.  I shall not act in a manner violating the principles and teachings of the Buddha.

8.  I shall not allow any ceremonies to be performed by Brahmins.

9.  I shall believe in the equality of man.

10.              I shall endeavor to establish equality.

11.              I shall follow the noble eightfold path of the Buddha.

12.              I shall follow the ten paramitas prescribed by the Buddha.

13.              I shall have compassion and loving kindness for all living beings and protect them.

14.              I shall not steal.

15.              I shall not tell lies.

16.              I shall not commit carnal sins.

17.              I shall not take intoxicants like liquor, drugs etc.

18.              I shall endeavor to follow the noble eightfold path and practice compassion and loving kindness in every day life.

19.              I renounce Hinduism, which is harmful for humanity and impedes the advancement and development of humanity because it is based on inequality, and adopt Buddhism as my religion.

20.              I firmly believe the Dhamma of the Buddha is the only true religion.

21.              I believe that I am having a re-birth.

22.              I solemnly declare and affirm that I shall hereafter lead my life according to the principles and teachings of the Buddha and his Dhamma.

Nowadays many Ambedkarite Organisations are working for these 22 vows (i.e. 22 Pratigya). They believe that these vows only are responsible for the existence & rapid growth of present Buddhism in India. The umbrella organization known as the 22 Pledges Practice & Propagation Movement (i.e. in Hindi- 22 Pratigya Aacharan aur Prachaar Abhiyan) is fully devoted for this purpose. This totally non-political movement is the brain-child of Arvind Sontakke, and comprises around 5,000,000 volunteers (Pracharaks) including many regional and local groups throughout India.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/ENGLISH-can-be-NATIONAL-AND-OFFICIAL-LANGUAGE-of-UOI-29859.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Patriarchy-and-Sex-ratio-36057.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register