LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     08 November 2013

Cash given at marriage ?

Dear Sirs and Experts

She had claim a false amount as a cash given at marriage it is in lakhs, but actually it was not given at the of marriage or before or after the marrige as well , not received in any bank account or in form of any FD, as it is not given so it is not recorderd in the video and photographs of wedding and other function. still it is a valid claim by her ?




 6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     08 November 2013

She can claim but you make a strong objection and ask bills and other documentary proof against her claim , and after getting the proof check their authenticity if they found fraud , forged , or fabricated then intimate the court or investigating agency immediately . keep counter proof with you of her claim.

sridher (system analyst)     08 November 2013

your lawyer shall ask your wife to prove that the amount is given , court only thinks on material or documentary evidenses

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     08 November 2013

Thank you for your reply


But in case of cash bills will be not available, if they had not withdrawn money from theier bank account they will say that they had taken cash help from relatives, and relatives gives witnesses....so is this acceptable to court ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2013

They have to prove the source of income and proof of giving the same to you or anyone in your home at the time of marriage.  If they say that it was borrowed from some one, let that some one be summoned to give their evidence, on the some one appearing before court to give false evidence, ask your lawyer to grill that some one with questions about their occupation, Income tax status and other source of income, this will scare them resulting  into their withdrawal of support to false witness. This is a strategy to confront such false claims.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2014

subjective matter full facts and papers need to be seen by your lawyer.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     02 April 2014

Whether they have take loans,withdrawn money from the bank is should not be your head ache. They need to prove that money changed hands providing evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register